All steps of rhinoplasty in Iran
Rhinoplasty is a kind of surgery that is also recognized as a nose job. In this operation, the surgeon works on the bone and cartilage to improve the shape and function of the nose. Rhinoplasty and septoplasty are both used for reshaping the nose. Rhinoplasty works on the outside of the nose while septoplasty corrects septum (the wall between two nostrils) problems. There are two types of rhinoplasty: cosmetic and functional.
Functional rhinoplasty is often operated due to medical reasons including:
• Breathing problems associated with nose
• Nose disfigurations after trauma and injury
• Birth defects
Cosmetic rhinoplasty is operated for changing the appearance of the nose. For cosmetic rhinoplasty, wait until your nasal bones are fully grown. The insurance doesn’t cover cosmetic rhinoplasty.
Who is the applicant for Rhinoplasty?
Patients who would like to:
• Reduce or increase their nose size
• Correct the angle (upturned or down-turned tip)
• Straighten crookedness
• Change the appearance of the nasal bridge (wide, flat, high)
• Change the shape of the nose tip
• Narrow their nostril
are often clients for this surgery.
Make sure you know what kind of surgery you need. Besides, you can only have a nose job after your facial features reach maturity. Consider these items before surgery:
• Don’t take painkillers containing ibuprofen and aspirin two weeks before and after your surgeries. These drugs slow down blood clotting time.
• Stop smoking from two weeks before surgery and after that. Nicotine slows down your recovery time.
• Avoid consuming alcohol. It is a blood thinner and increases the bruising.
• Refrain from using herbal supplements. They can hamper the anesthesia process.
Rhinoplasty is an outpatient surgery. However, it can be done in a hospital. This surgery is done under general or local anesthesia. In general anesthesia, you sleep through the surgery. With local anesthesia, your nose gets numbed and you will be sedated. After anesthesia, the surgeon makes incisions inside your nostrils. In difficult surgeries, the surgeon may make an incision across the nasal base. Then the skin is removed, and the surgeon reshapes your nose. The surgeon may remove cartilage from the ear or inside the nose to add to the places that need additional cartilage. If there isn’t enough amount of cartilage, the surgeon uses an implant or bone graft.
You can leave the hospital the same day of your surgery. In case of complications, your hospital stay time can increase to 2 days.
In the first week after surgery, wear plastic or metal splint. The splint maintains the shape of the nose throughout the healing process. The surgeon may put nose packs or splints inside your nose. It is to stabilize the nasal septum.
You may need to use drip pads to absorb the blood and mucus for a few days after surgery. In case of getting headaches and feeling puffiness in your face, your doctor describes pain medications.
The bruising and swelling around your eyes will begin decreasing after three days and lasts for up to two weeks. The swelling in your nose disappears after six months. Only you and your surgeon notice this swelling. Your nose heals after one year.
Three to six weeks after surgery refrain from arduous activities like:
• Chewing gums
• Vigorous Brushing
• Pulling and pushing on your nose (don’t blow your nose and don’t pull clothes over your head)
• Avoid laughing, crying or any facial expression that uses a lot of muscles.
• Don’t rest your glasses on your nose
• Don’t stay in sunlight for long times. It can make skin discolorations permanent.
What are the reasons to do nose job?
Patients often choose this surgery for two reasons: to improve their self-perception and to have a good-looking.
Some of the other benefits of this surgery are as follows:
• If you have suffered from other’s comments on your nose, having surgery can boost your self-confidence.
• A rhinoplasty creates a balanced and proportioned face.
• A charming face gives you confidence.
• It makes you feel strong and competent.
• Studies show others think patients that have a nose job are more attractive, more successful, and healthier.
• It can improve breathing problems
Like all surgeries, rhinoplasty may carry probable risks.
Some of which include:
• You may experience nose bleeding
• Your nose (nose tip) feels numb
• If your nose doesn’t heal, you’ll need revision.
• You may end up with an asymmetrical nose.
• You may be unhappy for the Scar formation and discoloration
What does Rhinoplasty cost in Iran?
The type of surgery, as well as the reputation and expertise of the surgeon, are influential points for the cost of nose surgery. Fortunately, Iranian surgeons are professionals and well-known in the world in various methods of nose surgery including rhinoplasty.
Iran is well-known for cosmetic surgery benefiting from the professional surgeons, expert staffs and also modern clinics. The most affordable country for cosmetic surgeries makes Iran a hub for nose surgery as well. In this regard, 200,000 people do nose job treatment in Iran annually. Iran has also the most qualified and up-to-date surgeons. Iran is considered as the capital for nose surgery in the world. Exon Health Paradise Company as a facilitator helps you to have enjoyable, affordable and safe travel to Iran and have the most beneficial treatment in modern and world-class clinics.
Published by: Exon Medical Department
Date: 11/12/20192019 November 12