Both cosmetic and reconstructive breast augmentation in Iran
Breast augmentation or augmentation mammoplasty is a cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. It is done all over the world to make the form of the breast more desirable. The goals of this surgery are:
• Shaping the breasts into more favorable size and shape after pregnancy, weight loss or breastfeeding or for patients with small-sized breast
• Breast symmetrization for the asymmetrical breasts
• Giving the normal look to breast or breasts after mastectomy surgery in patients with a history of breast cancer
• Turning the abnormal appearance of breasts into normal in the patients with congenital breast anomalies
• Compensating the breasts fat loss in the athletic or bodybuilding women
• Self-image and self-confidence improvement
Breast augmentation is not effective for the correction of drooping breasts. Based on the surgeon's decision, these patients can have breast lifting and augmentation at the same time or in two separate surgeries.
What are the breast augmentation approaches?
It can be done using fat transfer or breast implants. To transfer fat to the breasts, doctors use the fat of other body parts by liposuction and after filtration and sterilization process, inject it into the breasts. This approach is considered for those who want a natural size and a bit larger breasts. The doctor may recommend to inject the fat in 2-3 different steps than inject all of it once to make the breasts uniform with normal consistency.
There are different types of breast implants including saline breast implants, structured implants, silicone breast implants, gummy bear breast implants or form-stable implants, round breast implants, smooth breast implants, textured breast implants. Based on the physical condition of each case, the surgeon decides to use a specific implant using a suitable approach and incision site corresponding to the implant for placement.
What are the complications following fat injection?
The complications after fat injection are considerably lesser than implant placement. However, the patient should evaluate the possible risks before making any decision.
• Uneven breasts
• Asymmetrical breasts
• Cyst formation
• Scar tissue
• Fat exhaustion
• Fat necrosis or calcification
• Darkness and bruising in the liposuction site
What are the possible risks of breast implant placement?
Each approach has pros and cons and a patient should consult the surgeon before surgery for the possible risks. There might be some unwanted post-operative complications like implant shell leak or rotation of the implant that may lead to an unusual appearance of the breast that requires a separate procedure to correct. Other possible complications are:
• Problems with the size or shape of the implants
• Associated Anaplastic Large-Cell Lymphoma or AALCL (rare, but may be linked to textured implants)
• Nighttime sweating
• Breastfeeding difficulty
In the case of feeling inflammation, redness, and fever after operation, the patient should call the doctor immediately.
How long does the result of this surgery maintain?
Since it is a cosmetic surgery, it does not maintain for the whole lifetime. The patients need to be monitored every 2 to 3 years for any leak, rupture, displacement, etc.
How is the post-operation recovery?
The doctor prescribed the usage of gauzes, draining tubes and surgical bra for a few days. However, the patient should not do hard works and lift heavy objects for approximately six weeks. The patient may experience some degrees of swelling and tenderness plus pain at the surgical site. The swelling may get disappeared over time and prescribed pain killers help to relieve pain.
What are the pre-/post-surgery considerations for breast augmentation?
• The patient should talk to a specialist before making any decisions and speak about the expectations of this operation.
• It is recommended to women not to augment their breast if they are going to have a baby in the future. Since the breasts become bigger during pregnancy and breastfeeding and they may experience many difficulties.
• The patient should not lactate for 6 months before surgery.
• If an overweight patient plans to do this surgery it is better to postpone it till some weight loss.
• This surgery can be applied to all women over 18 years old. However, having this surgery in over 50s may increase the risk of some complications such as delayed healing and infection.
• The patient should prevent smoking for at least 2 weeks before and after surgery because smoking attenuates the immune system and also causes an interruption in the healing process.
• Blood test, heart examination, and mammography are usually performed for women especially over 35 years old.
Is Breast augmentation done in Iran?
Breast augmentation is one of the highly favored cosmetic and reconstructive operations in Iran that is done by efficient and experienced plastic surgeons. It is done for both men and women using fat or implants.
Why should a patient have breast augmentation in Iran?
Iran is one of the countries that is known for being a health-tourism destination. The breast augmentation is among the cosmetic operations that are done abundantly every year in Iran. Despite the high-quality performance of the surgeons and medical services in Iran, breast augmentation is extremely affordable comparing to the expenses of hospitalization, drug or surgery expenses in other countries. Exon Health Paradise company makes possible for you to have the best quality treatment with an enjoyable and affordable journey to Iran.
Published by: Exon Medical Department
Date: 11/26/20192019 November 26