Coronary Angiogram in Iran
Full coronary Angiogram (Angiography/Arteriogram) package in Iran including all costs and details!
Coronary Angiogram in Iran :
Cost: From $1755
- Duration : 5 Days (In General)
• To see if there is any blockage in the coronary arteries
• To provide information of how severe the blockage is
CORONARY ANGIOGRAM (ANGIOGRAPHY) IN IRAN: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
Coronary angiography or heart angiogram is an invasive diagnostic procedure to examine coronary arteries. It is used to discover how much your arteries are narrowing. Coronary angiograms are among medical procedures that are called heart (cardiac) catheterizations. This procedure is one of the most popular types of cardiac catheterization. Both diagnosis and treatment are considered in coronary angiography. In Cardiac angiography a special liquid dye (contrast material) and X-rays are applied to see how blood flows through the arteries in your heart. The X-ray machine rapidly takes a series of images (angiograms) then a look at blood vessels is resulted. If necessary, your doctor can open clogged heart arteries (angioplasty) during your coronary angiogram. Most of the time the access point is arm however groin may also be used.
The Cause of angiography
Coronary angiography and its catheterization can present you a large amount of information regarding heart and vessels. In this procedure your specialist will also discover about the valves and chambers of your heart.
You might have experienced a heart attack accordingly your blood supply has been blocked.
You might also have been suspected for Angina which has been started with chest pain followed by restricted blood supply to heart.
You may also have a plan for a surgical or interventional procedure (usually after widening your already narrowed vessels such as coronary angioplasty.
Preparation for angiography
There are some steps prior to angiography. These steps may include an MRI or a CT scan to pinpoint your heart problems. You should consult with your cardiologist about your current medication, your probable allergies, your probable pregnancy and also your medical and surgical background.
You may also undergo a blood test and also electrocardiogram. You should not eat anything about 8 hours before angiography. It is also needed someone to drive you after procedure. Someone should stay with you in the first night because of your dizziness or light headed at least for 24 hours after procedure.
Risks of coronary angiography
Coronary angiography has potential risks just like other interventional procedures and surgeries. They may include:
• X-ray exposure
• Bleeding under the skin at the wound site, bruising that it is common side effect for about few weeks
• Symptoms such as a rash however you should consult about any probable allergies you may have before the procedure
• Other major risks which are mostly rare include
• Heart attack
• Injury to the catheterized artery
• Irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmias)
• Allergic reactions to the dye or medications used during the procedure
• Kidney damage
• Excessive bleeding
What to expect from angioplasty
Your cardiologist tries to determine the best treatment for you and its potential side effects based on your heart condition. So cardiac angiography is planned for your upcoming step.
For example, your cardiologist decides whether you need angioplasty or stent to clear clogged arteries. Both angioplasty and stent can be done along with angiography to prevent another medical intervention.
Besides, angioplasty can help you to:
• Detect how many of your coronary arteries are blocked or narrowed (arthrosclerosis)
• Detecting the location of blockages in your blood vessels
• Detecting your amount of blood flow that is blocked
• Discovering where blockages are located in your blood vessels
• Check the results of previous coronary bypass surgery
+ Read More - Read Less