Nipple correction surgery is an approach for increasing the nipple size and correcting inverted nipples. Nipple inversion may occur in one or both nipples and is pretty common (1 in every 10 men or women). This condition occurs due to short milk ducts that pull the nipple inward. The condition starts with puberty and develops gradually.
Nipple correction surgery makes the nipples project out of the dark skin around them in a natural way. The surgeon may stretch the short ducts or cut them to release the pulling tension.
The surgery results in higher self-esteem in intimate encounters and more confidence in wearing tight clothes. Also, in women, the surgery makes breastfeeding easier and even, in some cases, possible.
Nipple correction surgery takes 30 to 120 min. the length of surgery depends on the severity of inversion.
In general, the surgery is performed through the following steps:
1. You will go under local anesthesia
2. The surgeon will make an incision at the nipple’s base to access the milk ducts.
3. Depending on the severity of the inversion, the surgeon will stretch or cut the milk ducts and sutures the nipple in its new position. The probability of inversion recurrence is higher in the stretching method. However, in the cutting method, you may lose the ability to breastfeed entirely.
4. The surgeon closes the incisions.
5. The surgeon will not use protective dressings. Because it may cause the nipple to retract to its previous position.
Nipple inversion is not a painful condition and doesn’t affect your physical health. However, the distorted look of nipples influences your self-esteem and emotional health. Furthermore, in women who are breastfeeding, the inverted nipple makes it hard for the baby to suck the milk out of the breasts. So, the perfect candidates for this surgery are:
• patients that haven’t seen results using non-surgical methods
• Individuals under emotional distress because of the appearance of their nipples
• Mothers having issues when breastfeeding their babies
You can go home on the same as the surgery and start driving the next day. The dissolvable stitches will be removed after 2 weeks. If your job isn’t physically demanding, you have to take 3 to 5 days off work. However, if it involves strenuous activities you have to take at least one week off work. During the healing period avoid hugging and sleeping on your stomach. You can resume your workout routine after 3 weeks. You can see the results immediately after the surgery and enjoy the final cosmetic outcome after 6 weeks.
- It is notable that Individual leaflets based on the patient/client plan will be offered to you including instructions for before and after the procedure and also upcoming follow-up. During your stay in Iran, you will be fully supported by Exon's English and Arabic translation team, who will be happy to assist you with any concerns or queries that arise.
• Altered nipple sensation which is rarely permanent
• Undesired aesthetic results due to unrealistic expectations
• Nipple inversion recurrence
• Bleeding and bruising
Note: The content of this package is designed and prepared by the Medical team of Exon Health Paradise Co. It is noteworthy that this package is informative and cannot substitute the prescription or recommended medical advice of your specialist.