Breast reduction surgery in Iran
Breast reduction surgery for having proportionate breasts and relieving weight related pains
Breast reduction surgery or in medical terms reduction mammoplasty is a surgical procedure to reduce the size of the breasts to an appropriate size، matched to your body figure. Large breasts may cause neck pain and backache and restrict daily physical activities. Furthermore, disproportionate breasts may cause emotional distress and lower women’s self-confidence. In this surgery, the surgeon removes excess fat, skin and glandular tissues to sculpture a perfect breast.
The surgery takes about 2 to 5 hours and is performed through these steps:
1. You are put under anesthesia
2. The surgeon makes an incision around the nipple
3. Another incision is made downward the breast
4. The excess fat is removed by liposuction
5. Extra skin and glandular tissues are removed as well
6. The nipple area is placed in the right position
7. The surgeon closes the incisions.
Breast reduction surgery is recommended for women that have:
• Pain in neck, shoulder and back area which is managed by medications
• Irritating skin rashes under the breasts
• Limited physical activities due to large breasts
• Low self-esteem because of social stigma
• Difficulty in finding fitting clothes
• Healthy weight، not at obesity level
• Physical health and not diabetes or heart problems
• No plan for weight reduction or breastfeeding
• Anesthesia cost
• Hospital fees
• The cost of medical tests
• Garments for after the surgery
• Prescriptions for medication
• Surgeon's fee for the operation
You need to take one to two weeks off work for breast reduction surgery. Refrain from physical activities for one month after surgery. Your surgeon will prescribe painkillers to manage the post-operative pain and discomfort. After the surgery, the backache and pain in the neck and shoulder will be relieved. The results are noticeable immediately. However. The final aesthetic outcome will be apparent after the swelling subsides completely. The scars will fade gradually. The results are permanent if you don’t gain weight.
- It is notable that Individual leaflets based on the patient/client plan will be offered to you including instructions for before and after the procedure and also upcoming follow-up. During your stay in Iran, you will be fully supported by Exon's English and Arabic translation team, who will be happy to assist you with any concerns or queries that arise.
Like any other surgery, breast reduction surgery carries some risks including:
• Bruising and swelling that will disappear gradually
• Scarring that fades over time. Lifting heavy objects before healing makes scarring worse.
• Losing sensations in the nipple area
• The asymmetry between the breasts in size and shape that requires a revision surgery
Note: The content of this package is designed and prepared by the Medical team of Exon Health Paradise Co. It is noteworthy that this package is informative and cannot substitute the prescription or recommended medical advice of your specialist.